Did you know that Christmas Trees account for hundreds of fires each year? Typically, shorts in electrical lights or open flames from candles, lighters or matches start tree fires. Well-watered trees are not a problem. A dry and neglected tree can be.
Here are some tips to keep your home and family safe this holiday season!
- Natural trees should be cut at a 45 degree angle
- Place tree away from sources of heat
- Use only non-flammable decorations
- Inspect lights for frayed wire or other defects before use
- Do not leave lights on unattended
- Keep the tree stand full of water at all times
- When the tree becomes dry, discard it immediately
Check out BeaHeroSaveaHero.org today for more information on holiday fire safety!