Did You Know?
- Location: 94 percent of fatal campus fires occurred off-campus.
- Cause: Smoking (29 percent) was the leading cause of fatal campus fires.
- Factors: Alcohol was a factor in 76 percent of fatal campus fires. Smoke alarms were either missing or tampered with (disconnected or battery removed) in 58 percent of fatal campus fires.
- Campus Fire Safety Flyers
- Do you think about fire safety? You should!
- Fire Safe College Housing (with tips for parents)
- Campus Fire Safety (FEMA)
Source: U.S. Fire Administration
For more information on campus fire safety, visit the full version of our website here.