Hotel and Travel Safety Statistics
- Each year, there are an estimated 3,900 hotel and motel fires that cause 15 deaths, 150 injuries and $76 million in property loss.
- Cooking is the leading cause of hotel and motel fires.
Hotel and Travel Fire Safety Tips
- Stay in hotels or motels that have hard-wired smoke alarms and an automatic fire sprinkler system in each guest room.
- Read the fire evacuation plan carefully.
- Find the two closest exits from your room.
- Count the number of doors between your room and the exits. This will assist you if you need to evacuate in the dark.
- Find the fire alarms on your floor.
Source for Content: United States Fire Administration
View more information and resources on our full website here.