Did you know?
Older adults face the greatest relative risk of dying in a fire. In 2014, older adults:
- Represented 14 percent of the United States population but suffered 38 percent of all fire deaths.
- Had a 2.6 times greater risk of dying in a fire than the total population.
- Ages 85 and over were 4.1 times more likely to die in a fire than the total population.
Download More Resources:
- Fire Safety for Old Adults and Their Caregivers
- Home Fire Safety Tips for Older Adults
- Make a Fire Escape Plan Around You Abilities
Source for Content: United States Fire Administration
For more information and resources, visit the full version of our website here.