Many things in your home can catch on fire if they touch a flame or something hot.
If you smoke in your home, you’re at higher risk to have a fire. You can prevent a fire by asking all smokers to everything listed below!
Put a check by each statement that is true for your home!
- Always smoke outside.
- Use deep, sturdy ashtrays.
- Put cigarettes all the way out. Do this every time.
- Put water on cigarette butts before throwing them in the trash.
- Smoke only when alert. Never smoke in bed or if drowsy
More downloadable resources to share with family and friends:
- Home Fire Safety Tips for Smokers
- Home Fires are Preventable: Always Smoke Outside
- Home Fires are Preventable: Never Smoke Around Medical Oxygen
Source for Content: U.S. Fire Administration
Browse more information and resources on the full version of our website.