The National Interagency Fire Center reports that 2015 set a new record for the number of acres burned in the United States.
Here is everything you need to know about wildfire preparation!
- Create an emergency bag of personal items that you will need if you are asked to leave your home.
- Leave your home when asked to do so.
- Make and frequently practice a family evacuation plan that includes meeting locations, a communication plan and pet accommodations.
- Clean your roof, gutters and deck of dead leaves and pine needles often.
- Use building and yard materials that won’t burn easily.
- Keep an area up to 200 feet around your home lean, clean and green.
Source for Content: U.S. Fire Administration
For more resources visit our full website here.