From 2009-2013, U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated 9,300 home structure fires that were started by candles.
These fires caused 86 deaths, 827 injuries and $374 million in direct property damage.
Here is what you need to know about candle safety!
Candle Safety Tips
- Consider using battery-operated flameless candles, which can look, smell and feel like real candles.
- Put candles in sturdy metal, glass, or ceramic holders.
- Place candles where they cannot tip over.
- Never leave a lit candle unattended.
- Blow out candles after use and before going to bed.
Source for Content: U.S. Fire Administration
For more information and resources on candle safety, check out our full website here.