People are at greater risk in the winter season when they cook holiday meals, display decorations, and may use unsafe heat sources.
Did You Know?
- 905 people die in winter home fires each year.
- $2,091,000,000 in property loss occurs from winter home fires.
- 67 percent of winter fires occur in one- and two-family homes.
- Cooking is the leading cause of all winter home fires.
- 5 to 8 p.m. is the most common time for winter home fires.
Source for Content: U.S. Fire Administration
For more information and resources, visit our full website here.