Did you change your smoke alarm when you changed your clock back for Daylight Savings Time? If not, it is never too late to practice fire safety!
We encourage you to change your smoke alarm battery AT LEAST once a year. Remember to replace your smoke alarm batteries with fresh, high quality ones to ensure your smoke alarm is functioning all year long!
In addition to changing your batteries, you should also:
- Ensure that your alarms are properly placed throughout your home
- Test your alarm monthly to ensure that it is functioning properly
- Consider switching smoke alarms that have a non-removable 10-year lithium battery
- Replace your smoke alarm every ten years (or according the manufacture)
- Create and practice a home fire escape plan
For more information and tips on fire safety, visit BeaHeroSaveaHero.org today!