Many things in your home can catch on fire if they touch a flame or something hot.
Any open flame is dangerous. If possible, use battery-operated candles. If you use candles in your home, prevent a fire by making sure the below statements are true in your home!
- Put candles in sturdy holders.
- Place candles at least 12 inches away from anything that can burn.
- Make sure candles cannot be reached by children or pets.
- Blow out all candles if you leave the room, get sleepy, or go to bed.
Source for Content: U.S. Fire Administration
For more information and resources to share with your friends and family, visit our full website here.