When fire strikes, deadly smoke can fill your home within minutes. That’s why you should plan and practice home fire drills. Follow these tips below to make sure your family is ready in case of emergency!
- Make and practice a fire escape plan.
- Plan two ways to escape from each room.
- Pick a place to meet after you escape to check that everyone got out.
- Practice your escape plan every month.
- Plan for everyone in your home – including babies and others who need help to escape.
- Involve children in making and practicing your escape plan.
- Teach children to never hide during a fire – they must get out and stay out.
Source for Content: United States Fire Administration
Get the full details on Smoke Alarms, including FAQs, fact sheet downloads and more tips on our full website here.