When fire strikes, deadly smoke can fill your home within minutes. That’s why you should plan and practice home fire drills!
- Tips for having a successful fire drill at home:
- Everyone in your house should take part in practicing a fire escape plan.
- Try and plan two routes from every room in the house, if possible. Begin with the bedrooms.
- Decide on an effective meeting place. Make sure everyone has an understanding of where it is and how to get there.
- Plan everyone’s individual role: Who will get the children? Does anyone in the home have special needs?
- Share your plan and practice with neighbors, babysitters, or other frequent visitors.
- Keep your hallways and stairs clutter free.
- Practice your fire drill regularly and update it after any home renovations or updates.
Source for Content: United States Fire Administration
Get the full details on Home Fire Drills, including FAQs, fact sheet downloads and more tips on our full website here.